- School and my poor time management skills
- Lia Kim is the best. No debate.
Yeah that was just a dumb thing to think. Obviously, this entire week I was lacking the usual posts I have ready and I have a feeling that the trend is going to be continuing. I’m probably going to cut down the amount of posts I have planned to just 2-3 a week instead of my extremely ambitious 3-4 posts but rest be assured that I will not be having a hiatus unless I’m drowning in school.
Famous last words.
I mean, part of it is definitely because I’ve gone on a mini phone and laptop intervention. I waste so much time on my laptop and phone during the school week. I’ve pretty much made my mom take both to work so I get non-computer work done before she gets home. Then I can tackle the assignments that require my laptop and try to get to sleep earlier. It’s done great so far because now I’m sleeping at 11-12 instead of 1-2 like I was at the end of freshman year. THE GOAL IS 10. I WANT TO SLEEP AT 10 O’CLOCK BY THE END OF THE YEAR.
Feel free to yell at me for my poor time management skills.
Otherwise, school has been treating me well! AP Chemistry is proving to be so much more interesting that I was expecting it to be! The teacher seems to like upperclassmen a lot more (not surprising, honestly) and as such, is so much more likable and detailed when lecturing. I think he thought that freshmen wouldn’t be able to totally understand all of Chem 1 if he went in so much detail but I’m enjoying it!
I had to write up a book review for bio and it proved to be simultaneously the easiest and most frustrating assignment ever. I’m proud of the end product but I stressed over it a ridiculous amount considering that it’s a book review. I write those all the time so I think I was being too hard on myself XD
OH and I got nominated for Homecoming Queen in my grade. I doubt I’ll win because it’s homecoming and I’m hardly the most popular person but some people decided to nominate me
for obvious reasons (aka I’m fabulous *flips hair*).
I’ve also been so obsessed with watching hip hop videos online. I’m especially obsessed with Korean styles of hip hop because it’s extremely fluid! One of my faves is Lia Kim’s choreography to Pentatonix’s “La La Latch”. I discovered it earlier today and I’m like obsessed.
WHAT I’VE FINISHED READING
- The Wrath & The Dawn by Rene Adhieh (★★★1/2) | I liked it but I wasn’t blown away like everybody said I’d be.
- A Monster Calls by Patrick Ness (★★★★) | It’s Patrick Ness so of course the score is high! Loved the art in this a lot but wish the story was longer.
- Crown of Midnight by Sarah J. Maas (★★) | I’m seriously considering dropping the series because this book just did not do it for me
- The Immortal Life of Henrietta Lacks (★★1/2) | It was originally higher, but then I wrote the assignment and had to reread it and the score dropped a lot. Classic symptom of required reading.
- Armada by Ernest Cline | Anybody surprised that this is still on the list? I’ve been so unmotivated to read it.
- Devoted by Jennifer Mathieu
- The Kite Runner by Khaled Hosseini
- Hello, Goodbye, and Everything Inbetween by Jennifer E. Smith
- Something else I haven’t decided on yet. Probably Graceling because it’s overdue.
Technically, the summer round of bookish bingo is over but I didn’t keep track of it soooo. This is my finished card? I’m going to be doing the next round too but I’ve yet to sign up because I had to finalize this one first!And here’s my Story Sprites update….I’ve definitely made some progress with it! I think it’s because I forgot to mark a few books last time I updated. Oops.
IN CASE YOU MISSED IT (tbh you didn’t miss much XD)
- 8/30: Sunday | I reviewed an ARC of Nicola Yoon’s Everything Everything and thought it was pretty good even with it’s flaws
- 9/1: Tuesday | I talk about ten characters that unfortunately, didn’t work for me.
- 9/3: Thursday | Hey, I did the Reader Problem’s Tag!
- 9/7: Monday | I did some fabulous mini-reviews of two books, The Archived and We Should Hang Out Sometime.
- 9/9: Thursday | I reviewed The Unbound and although it was one of the few Schwab books I didn’t like, I still loved Wesley.
I got busy these few weeks and didn’t have time to put together a graphic for this. I’m feeling a bit of blogger burnout so hopefully, school will help remedy it. What have you guys been doing?